RabbitTransit is a regional public transportation provider, offers a variety of transportation services to the residents of York, Adams and Northumberland Counties. Nearly 7,000 people depend on each day to get to work, medical facilities, school and other life-sustaining activities
York has three parking garages. Find their location here.
The downtown area has parking meters for on-street parking. All parking meters will be enforced:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (free on Sundays and holidays observed by the City of York)
Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for parking meters located in the “Retail Zone”.
The “Retail Zone” is:
- George Street between King Street and North Street
- Beaver Street between King Street and Gas Avenue
- Market Street between Duke Street and Pershing Avenue
- Philadelphia Street between Duke Street and Pershing Avenue
- Meters are marked with the hours of operation and enforcement.
The Digital meter rates are: $.25 – 15 minutes; $.10 – 6 minutes; $.05 – 3 minutes. Also, at the digital meters it gives a 3 minutes grace period at the end before expiring. At the mechanical meters the rates are: $.25 – 25 minutes and $.10 – 10 minutes. Mechanical meters only take quarters and dimes (no grace period).